CYL means Change Your Life and sweating in our infrared saunas helps you accomplish this in many ways. One of those ways is to deeply detox your body of harmful toxins trapped in the cellular level. The sweat released from infrared heat therapy will rid your body of these toxins to live a hot & healthy life! April is Earth Month, let's do our part to help detox the world in which we live by helping it remove toxins. Here's a few simple ways you can do your part to Change Your Life and help the Earth detox.
Weather patterns are changing and this will threaten food production, sea levels are rising and could cause detremental flooding globally. Now is the time to Change Your Life and take drastic actions to avoid a future with irreversible damage to our planet. You can do small things daily to reduce carbon footprints and greenhouse gasses to make a positive impact on the environment.
- Conserve Water - The little things can make a big impact. Try turning off the water while brushing your teeth, take shorter showers or turn on the shower and get in quickly instead of keeping it running beforehand. Now that we have more time at home, fix that leaky faucet. Don't keep the water running while washing dishes. Try drinking filtered tap water to limit plastic waste. This will also help you save money too!
- Walk, Bike, Carpool - While we are all at home, we are helping lower fuel emissions. Try walking or biking to your destination now that we have more time on our hands. You can use a wagon to and from the grocery store and get exercise at the same time.
- Recycle + Reduce Plastic Use- Set up designated bins in your kitchen, pantry, garage, or wherever you have room for it. Separate your waste and post a list of items to recycle into each bin to make it easier. Try using reusable bags at the grocery store, avoid using disposable plasticware and plates, and start using reusable napkins at home. You can toss them right into the wash! Purchase sustainable products that are made of recycled materials.
- Compost - We know this isn't for everyone, but give it a try to make a difference. Composting helps reduce the amount of solid waste you produce, and what eventually winds up in landfills. Composting makes a great natural fertilizer for a home grown garden too. Companies are out there that will pick up your compost for you.
- Use LED Bulbs - Replace your bulbs around the house with LED bulbs. They do cost slightly more than incandescent bulbs, but LED bulbs can last around 25,000 hours compared to the 1,000 hours that incandescents last. They also use two-third less energy.
- Eat + Shop Sustainable - Large-scale food production accounts for as much as 25% of greenhouse emissions! Choose food from farmers and companies that aim to conserve natural resources and have as little impact on the land as possible. Eat more whole grains, vetables, fruits and nuts, and less processed foods. Don't want to go full vegetarian? Try meat substitutes or go meatless at least three times a week. Try to grow your own garden. This also helps reducing chemical use and lowers emissions. You can event save some money by eating less meat! Remember to use all natural products in your beauty and hygiene routine and for household items.
There are so many small ways to help detox the Earth with a big impact. Just remember to use less plastic, clean up your neighborhoods, stay mindful of the products you use and purchase daily, what you consume, and ways you can live to Change Your Life and the lives of others around you. We only have one planet, so let's take the time and energy to nourish and love mother Earth.