We totally get it, sometimes you're so busy, heads down, that you look at the clock and it's been hours since you last drank some water. Many of us forget to hydrate throughout the day, which impacts our overall health and well-being. Change your life by changing your hydration habits.
Every cell and organ in our body needs water to function daily. Our bodies are actually made up of more than 50% of water. H2O is used throughout the body to remove waste, rev your metabolism, transport oxygen throughout the body, regulate and maintain temperature, lubricates your joints, and one of the most important energy sources to maintain life. Not only will you feel better when properly hydrated, but your skin will look better too!
Aim to drink 2 - 3 liters per day and drink more water if you're sweating it out at CYL. The more hydrated you are pre and post sweat sesh, the more toxins you'll sweat out and detox from your body. If you're concerned about your water intake, just check your urine. If it looks light yellow or colorless, that means you're properly hydrated. Otherwise, if urine appears dark yellow you most likely are dehydrated.
You can also stay hydrated from fruits, veggies, milk, and even teas you consume daily. Sports drinks can be helpful if you are sweating or exercising at higher levels as they contains carbohydrates and electrolytes to increase energy. Electrolytes also help your body absorb water. Be aware of drinks that are too high sugar, sodium, and calories.
Ways to Increase Hydration:
- Carry a bottle of water with you daily (we sell the perfect water bottles at CYL studios). Even keep it next to your bed to take a drink firs thing when you wake up.
- If you don’t like the taste of plain water, try adding in sliced fruit, cucumbers, or mint leaves. Vitamin c powder is a great and healthy way to flavor your water too!
- Drink water before, during, and after you sweat it out (either during exercise or at CYL).
- If you’re feeling hungry, try drinking water. Higher hydration levels contribute to a healthy weight-loss journey and can help you feel full.
- Have trouble remembering to drink water? Schedule reminders in your phone.
You Might Be Dehydrated If...
- You have barley any urine throughout the day
- Urine is darker than usual.
- Dry mouth symptoms
- Extreme thirst
- Headaches or migraines
- Confusion or brian fog
- Dizziness or if you feel lightheaded
- Little to no sweat with rigorous exercise or during a sweat sesh
Don’t wait until you notice these symptoms of dehydration to drink up. Prevent dehydration from happening by drinking plenty of H2O throughout the day. Water makes up more than half of your body weight, so don't underestimate taking that quick water break to change your life! Hydrate your way to better health and become more mindful of your daily water intake.