Seed cycling claims to naturally balance women's hormones, boost fertility, and help with menopausal changes. You would mix in flax, pumpkin, sesame, and sunflower seeds into your diet at different times of the month to balance certain hormone levels.
During the follicular phase of your cycle, the first 1-14 days, it’s suggested women consume 1 tablespoon each of flax and pumpkin seeds daily. The luteal phase is the second half of your cycle, at 15-28 days. This is when you would consume 1 tablespoon each of sunflower and sesame seeds per day. This specific seed mixture can naturally balance estrogen and progesterone levels in the body. It's believed seed cycling can help regulate periods, helping acne, relieve cramps and fatigue, easing menopause symptoms, helping with infertility, and other health benefits to Change Your Life. In general, seeds have so many health properties for females and males.
You can eat seeds on their own, add seeds into any meal or snack, even into beverages like smoothies! Try a quick and easy way to eat your seeds with no-bake energy bites. They’re gluten-free, packed with nutrients, and great for the entire family.
One batch calls for flaxseed + pumpkin seeds during the follicular phase and the other batch calls for sunflower and sesame seeds during your luteal phase.
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of ground flaxseed
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of pumpkin seeds
- 2/3 cup toasted or raw shredded coconut (sweet, unsweet, or mixture of both)
- 2/3 cup of your favorite nut butter (salted or unsalted)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats (gluten free or steel cut)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips (sub milk, dark chips, or peanut butter chips)
- 1/3 cup honey (sub agave nectar, stevia, maple syrup, or chopped dates)
- 1/2 scoop protein powder (optional, vegan or non-vegan)
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ripe mashed bananas
- Mix ingredients. Smash the bananas first, stir everything together in a large mixing bowl. (Optional to use a blender / mixer.)
- Chill. Cover the bowl and chill in the fridge for a few hours until dense, this makes it easier to roll into balls.
- Roll. Use a spoon, scoop out a spoonful of the mixture, roll it into balls, it helps to wet your hands slightly - this will be sticky.
- Store. Place rolled balls in a sealed tupperware for up to 2 weeks and enjoy!
These are great to make by yourself, with kids, friends, or even your spouse. Make sure to tag @cylsaunastudio to show us how your energy bites turned out. Pro tip - roll the balls in coco power, coconut flakes, or drizzle with melted chocolate or nut butter for added flair!